SSCI is looking to fill a Senior Research Engineer/Scientist position for projects in the areas of AI/ML relating to autonomous robotic vehicle systems and manned-unmanned systems collaboration. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (www.ssci.com) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI’s focus is on mission-relevant autonomy solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCI’s clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
|Job Title||Senior Research Engineer/Scientist – Job Code 1872|
|Level||PhD, or M.S. w/ 4+ years of relevant experience, in CS, AI, or related field|
|Duties||· Work as part of a team to design, implement, and test AI/ML algorithms for autonomous robotic systems
· Develop innovative solutions to challenging problems for autonomous systems
· Contribute technical materials for proposals, reports, white papers, and publications
· Present technical results to internal and external customers
|Required Skills/Experience||· Advanced research experience and/or publications in Markov Decision Process, Control and Reinforcement Learning applications.
· Experience in implementing POMDP/POSG and Reinforcement Learning algorithms for planning and decision-making applications
· Hands-on experience in AI/ML algorithms
· Demonstrated experience in developing and prototyping novel research ideas
· Proficiency with C/C++ and Python
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
|Desired Skills/Experience||· Experience with AI/ML frameworks and libraries
· Familiarities with unmanned systems
· Knowledge in DoD autonomous robot/vehicle system operations
|Compensation||Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K and Health/Life/Disability Insurance.|
|Notes||US Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance are required for this position.|
Please email your applications to email@example.com. Include the Job Code 1872 (use Subject Line) and at least three (3) references with your correspondence for prompt consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org