SSCI is looking for a Research Engineer for projects in the areas of autonomy and unmanned systems. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (www.ssci.com) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI’s focus is on mission-relevant autonomy solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCI’s clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
|Job Title||Research Engineer – Job Code SSCI 1893|
|Level||M.S., or B.S. w/ 2+ years of relevant experience, in EE, CS, AI, Robotics, Cognitive Systems, Machine Learning or related field, with demonstrated experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Behavior-based Robotics, or other Unmanned/Autonomous Systems development|
|Location||Full-time opportunities are available in Woburn, MA.|
|Duties||· Work as part of a team to design, implement, and test autonomy, AI, and machine learning algorithms and software systems for embedded unmanned multi-vehicle autonomy
· Support development, integration and test of algorithms and software for unmanned aerial, surface, undersea, and ground systems
· Support presentation of technical results to internal and external customers
|Required Skills/Experience||· 2+ years experience in integration and test of advanced AI, Robotics, Machine Learning, and/or Autonomy capabilities for Unmanned Systems
· Proficiency with C/C++ and either Python or Matlab
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
|Desired Skills/Experience||· Proficiency with standard libraries used for AI, robotics, computer vision, and/or machine learning (e.g., ROS, MOOS, scikit, etc.)
· Experience in Human Systems Integration (HSI), User Interfaces (UI), Multi-Vehicle Tasking, and/or Mission Planning for Unmanned Systems
· Experience with systems/software engineering processes, including development tools, configuration management, and test/QA methods
|Compensation||Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K, Health/Life/Disability Insurance.|
|Notes||USA Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance are required for this position.|
Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include the Job Code 1893 (use Subject Line) and at least three (3) references with your correspondence for prompt consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com