SSCI is looking to fill a Principal or Lead Research Engineer/Scientist position in the area of AI/ML. The successful applicant will be responsible for advanced concepts and technology development in research and development programs relating to autonomous robotic vehicle systems and manned-unmanned systems collaboration. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (www.ssci.com) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI has built a reputation for delivering high quality and mission-relevant technology solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCI’s clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
|Job Title||Principal or Lead Research Engineer/Scientist – Job Code SSCI 1871|
|Level||PhD in CS, AI, or related field, with 4+ years (post-PhD) progressive technology development and leadership experience in AI/ML and software for autonomous robots or agents.|
|Duties||· Develop advanced concepts in AI/ML with a focus on autonomous robotic system applications in areas including mission planning and man-machine collaboration.
· Lead execution of advanced R+D programs in Principal Investigator roles
· Develop competitive proposals and follow-on programs for R+D customers, including DARPA, other Gov’t agencies and Industry primes
· Support other company initiatives and programs in a Subject Matter Expert role.
· Support company marketing and business development via technical briefings, publications, conferences and professional outreach activities.
|Required Skills/Experience||· Holistic knowledge of AI/ML and background in areas such as control, autonomy and/or decision theory.
· Advanced research experience and/or publications in control and reinforcement learning applications.
· Experience in POMDP or POSG solution concepts (experience with both preferred).
· Demonstrated successes in winning proposals and developing innovative solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with subject matter experts across domains.
· Demonstrated ability to interact independently with R+D customers as PI or SME.
· Demonstrated small team leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
|Desired Skills/Experience||Domain-specific operational understanding of DoD autonomous robot/vehicle system operations|
|Compensation||Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K and Health/Life/Disability Insurance.|
|Notes||US Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance are required for this position.|
Please email your applications to: SSCI‐email@example.com Include the Job Code 1871 (use Subject Line) and at least three (3) references with your correspondence for prompt consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org