SSCI is looking to fill a Principal or Lead Research Engineer/Scientist position in the area of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The successful applicant will be responsible for advanced concepts and technology development relating to autonomous systems and manned-unmanned systems collaboration. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (www.ssci.com) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI’s focus is on mission-relevant autonomy solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCI’s clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
|Job Title||Principal or Lead Research Engineer/Scientist – Job Code SSCI 1871|
|Level||PhD in EE, CS or related field, with 4+ years (post-PhD) demonstrated experience in applying AI/ML to planning and decision making.|
|Location||Full-time opportunities are available in Woburn, MA.|
|Duties||· Develop advanced concepts in AI/ML with a focus on autonomous system applications
· Lead execution of advanced technology R+D programs in Principal Investigator roles
· Develop competitive proposals and follow-on programs for R+D customers, including DARPA, ONR, AFRL, ARL, NASA, and other government agencies and industry primes
· Support other company initiatives and programs in a Subject Matter Expert role
· Support company marketing and business development via technical briefings, publications, conferences, and professional outreach activities
|Required Skills/Experience||· Established background in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology dev’t
· Knowledge in statistics, data analytics and dynamic systems
· Demonstrated successes in winning proposals and developing innovative solutions
· Demonstrated ability to interact independently with R+D customers as PI or SME
· Demonstrated small team leadership and interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
|Desired Skills/Experience||· Experience in autonomous systems and manned-unmanned systems collaboration
· Background in decision theory and game theory
|Compensation||Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K, Health/Life/Disability Insurance.|
|Notes||USA Citizenship and eligibility for DoD Security Clearance are required for this position.|
Please email your applications to email@example.com. Include the Job Code 1871 (use Subject Line) and at least three (3) references with your correspondence for prompt consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org